Check out everything that’s happening this month here!
Promotional Belt Testing
The December Belt Testing is scheduled for Friday, December 9th and Saturday, December 10th. Belt testings are the opportunities for students to demonstrate everything they’ve learned throughout the testing cycle in the hopes of earning their next rank!
Once your child has 8 stripes, they are eligible for testing. Registration ends December 7th, late registration will have a $10 late fee and may cause delays in students receiving their belt and/or certificate. Promotional Belt Testing will take place at the Taekwondo school.
For more information and to register for testing, check the member app under the ‘Shop’ tab. To download the app, click the button below for your smart device! Login using your email address on file and use our school’s unique ID 4073.
Awards Ceremony/Holiday Sale
When a student successfully passes their Belt Testing, their first opportunity to obtain their new belt and certificate is at our Awards Ceremony. For this Awards Ceremony, we’ll also have our in-person Holiday Sale on Tuesday, December 13th from 4:00 – 8:00 PM. The Awards Ceremony section will be scheduled during the sale from 6:00 – 7:00 where we’ll hand out belts, end of the year awards, and announce the raffle winner. During the sale we’ll have special discounts on items as well as some hot chocolate, sweet treats!
For the raffle, we are giving BOB a new home! He’s been stuck at the school for too long and is ready for a change of scenery. Students can get raffle tickets for: having the new member app downloaded, winning certain challenges in class, donating to our December charity drive (details below), and more.
Parents are welcome to stop in before or after the ceremony to shop and/or pick up items from the pre-order sale. If you are unable to attend the sale you can also opt to shop online with a special checkout page that will be made available on the member app during that same time.
New Class Schedule
As the school continues to grow and students keep achieving new ranks, we occasionally update our schedule in order to best accommodate our students to give them the best structure for learning. Our next schedule change is set to take place after the December Belt Testing starting on December 14th. A few items to note:
- We are combining the Orange Belts with the Green & Purple Belts and adding 15 additional minutes to the class. This should help improve these ranks sparring experience as they will have more variety in students their age and size to spar as well as giving additional time in the class to spend more time on sparring as well.
- We are replacing the Lil’ Dragons Friday Class with a Skills Class.
- The Skills Class is open to all Orange Belts and above, regardless of age. These classes will focus on a weekly theme (ie, target pad drills, sparring, board breaking, etc) in order to give students that need additional practice on certain aspects of Taekwondo an opportunity to focus on one subject for a class. Students can attend this class in addition to their regular class on Friday.
- We are splitting our Monday and Wednesday Night Classes into two. The All Ranks classes are geared for students that want to participate in class with lower rank friends and/or family while the intermediate/advanced class will give our higher rank students an opportunity to get more attention on their forms, sparring, and board breaking. Students that qualify for both classes can choose either class option each day but may only attend one class per day.
Again, this schedule won’t take place until after the next belt testing. If you have any questions or concerns please email us at [email protected]
Since we opened our Taekwondo school in February 2020, we’ve always strived to be active in assisting our community. One of the ways we’ve been doing so is by closing out August – December with charitable works.
This month, to conclude our charitable campaign for the year we are asking YOU to pick a charity that means a lot to you and donate time, money, or tangible items. If you donate to a charity and show us a receipt worth $10 or more we will give you a gift card for a week of classes + a white belt to gift someone over the holidays, AND if you show it to us by December 8th we’ll give you a raffle ticket for our Holiday Sale raffle of BoB!
So far for our good works campaigns we’ve been able to donate three large bins of school supplies to local students in need, raised $4,087.42 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and have now added a $1,520.04 donation to the Susan G. Komen Foundation!
track your classes
With our new software, we are able to have parent’s check-in their students for class in order to track attendance via geo-location. By using the app, you can check-in for class when you arrive at the school for class. This aspect will help our students in several ways including:
- Safety – Keeping track of students attending class can help us keep records in the case of notifying students/parents that were in class of any incidents that occurred they should know about. It also can help parents who drop-off their kids for class coordinate drop-off and pick-up times.
- Progress – Keeping track of how often a student attends class can help our instructors make sure they are getting the attention they need in order to keep progressing. It will also help us keep track of students that have missed significant time so we can make sure they are getting the resources they need.
- End of Year Awards – One of the criteria that goes into determining the Student of the Year is class attendance. This will help us with accurate metrics to ensure students are getting the credit they deserve!
This feature will go live with the new schedule beginning December 14th!
January 2023 National Tournament
If you had fun at the regional tournament here in Leander last month, you’ll LOVE this January National Tournament in Orlando, FL! National Tournament take the tournament experience to a whole new level by giving students the opportunity to test their skills against students of similar age and experience from all across the country! Taekwondo America provides a fantastic event with these national tournaments and I recommend all students of any rank and age to attend. Plus, it is a fantastic excuse to take the family to the world-class theme parks in Orlando!
This is the first of two National Tournaments for 2023 with September being the next one. If you’re interested in registering for this event, you can do so through the member app. If you have more questions, please let us know! We have a special group rate at the Caribe Royale Resort but spots are filling up fast. To reserve a room use the special link on the Taekwondo America website using the button below!
Annual Ninjastar Picture Day!
Our annual picture day is scheduled for January 20th! Ninjastar photography are professional martial arts photographers that are skilled in making students look their best and capturing images that you’ll cherish for year to come. We’ll also include your pics on our school poster as well as our lobby video! To register for a spot, head to the member app or check your email for details!
Join Us on Social Media!
We’ve recently added a new Facebook group for all of our LTA Families to connect, communicate, sell used items, etc. Make sure you join the group as well as follow our other social media handles to see updates, fun photos, and more!
Want to Join Our Email List?
There’s always lots of things going on around LTA which is why we make it a point to send out a weekly update email every Monday to our students. These emails are sent to all of our students and guardians that we on file in our system. If you are no longer on or would like to join our email list, please send us an email with your name, phone number, email, and student that you are associated with and we will get you in our system!